The group of Prof. Kristin Persson within the Energy Technologies Area (ETA) has an opening for a postdoctoral fellow. We are looking for someone with the desire and imagination to drive novel methods in computational materials design, particularly focused on developing a rational predictive framework for synthesis and stabilization of select polymorphs.
- Develop novel methods in computational materials design, focused on developing a rational predictive framework for synthesis and selectivity of polymorphs through different synthetic procedures.
- Compile data into research databases and perform first-principles calculations using e.g. VASP, Abinit, etc.
- Perform calculations to predict thermodynamic and kinetic properties.
- Develop codes as necessary to interface with existing Materials Project high-throughput and data storage frameworks.
- Prepare and develop research materials for publications, reports, and presentations.
- Based on research and analytical findings, write and publish reports.
- A Ph.D. in physics/chemistry/materials science or a related field.
- Experience in electronic structure calculations.
- Excellent object-oriented code development expertise.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- The ability to work as an independent researcher with a high level of scientific judgment and initiative.
- Participation in collaborative efforts as a member of a diverse research team.
- Python programming experience.
- Database development experience.
- Experience with datamining / statistical learning.
- Demonstrated ability to support Principal Investigators in preparing proposals and project management.
Applicants are encouraged to send a cover letter and a CV in pdf format to email@example.com.
As long as there is a link to this post on the home page, applications are still welcome.